These booking terms and conditions apply to all confirmed bookings.
We advise that you print these terms and conditions at the time of booking.
- Current Version: 1.0
- Last updated: 2021-09-12
Introduction and references
This website is owned and operated by the owners of Glaisters Farm who shall be referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions.
To make it easier to read these terms and conditions there are a number of further definitions which we use:
- “Deposit” means a deposit of 20% of the total holiday accommodation cost. This includes any “extras” required at the time of booking.
- “Holidaymaker” means you and each person going on holiday with you on your booking.
- “Property” means Glaisters Farm.
- “You” means the lead person making a booking.
- “Us”, “Our” and “We” means the owners of the property.
When you make a booking with us you are confirming that you and every Holidaymaker understands, agrees and accepts these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully, particularly section 13 headed “Limitation of Liabilities and Legal”.
1. Contract and Booking
When you make a booking through us the contract to occupy the Property is between you and us.
Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 18 years of age.
The Property is not meant to be used as a “party house”, and any bookings for stag and hen dos, may not be allowed unless special arrangements (including the possible requirement for a safety deposit) are made with Us.
No bookings are valid until confirmed by Us in writing (including by email).
Once a booking is confirmed it cannot be changed by you, unless agreed by us. If we agree to make the requested changes to your booking (for example, changing the lead booker and/or the dates of your holiday) these changes will be free of charge.
2. Booking Fees, Deposits, Balance Payments and Holiday Insurance
When you make a booking you will be required to pay a Deposit and the balance will be due no later than 9 weeks before the holiday is due to start.
If you make a booking within 9 weeks of the start of the holiday you will be required to pay for the holiday in full at the time of booking.
We recommend you take out holiday insurance to cover any unforseen events.
We reserve the right to cancel your holiday and re-let any holiday where any payment due is more than 7 days late. In these circumstances you will not be entitled to any refund.
The Deposit is non-refundable unless we are unable to accept your booking or for some unforseen reason the Property is unavailable at the time of the holiday.
3. Guest Cancellations
If you cancel prior to the holiday arrival date you may be due a partial refund.
The refund will depend on the amount of notice you give us before the holiday start date and will be calculated as follows:
- 21 or less days’ notice – No refund due
- 22-35 days’ notice – 10% of the total accommodation cost
- 36-49 days’ notice – 20% of the total accommodation cost
- 50-63 days’ notice – 40% of the total accommodation cost
- More than 63 days’ notice – your liability to pay the balance will be waived, however, the Deposit will not be refunded. If the holiday was paid in full and more than 63 days’ notice is provided then 2/3rds of the total accommodation cost will be refunded.
If a refund is due we will aim to return the applicable amount within 10 working days of cancellation.
4. Holidaymakers’ responsibilities
You will ensure that you and all Holidaymakers will:
- Act responsibly and carefully whilst at the Property, abiding by any property specific house rules and leave the Property, and all things in or at it, in the same state of repair and cleanliness as at the start of the holiday.
- Report to us any damage or breakages made during the holiday occupancy and pay for damage (wear and tear accepted) if required.
- Not smoke or vape at the Property nor allow anyone else to do so at the Property.
- Not allow more than the maximum number of people or pets to stay at the Property as stated on the Website.
- At all times comply with any applicable laws and local or Government guidance, and ensure that no Holidaymaker or their guests (if allowed at the Property) or pets (if allowed at the Property) do anything which is illegal, or may cause unreasonable damage, noise, behaviour or disturbance.
- Not enter the Property before the stated arrival date and time and will leave the Property before the stated departure date and time.
- Treat people with respect and not act in a way which is abusive, violent, destructive, menacing, or harassing towards an Owner, any member of their team, any member of the community in which the Property is situated, or any of our employees, directors, consultants or other party acting on our behalf.
- Secure the Property (including all windows and doors) whenever leaving the Property.
We and the Owner will be entitled to make a reasonable charge where Holidaymakers have failed to comply with these responsibilities. In serious cases, Holidaymakers may have to leave the Property early without any compensation or refund.
5. Our responsibilities
We will ensure that:
- The Property is cleaned and ready for the Holidaymakers by the stated arrival date and time.
- Suitable arrangements are made for you to access the Property.
- We treat all Holidaymakers with respect and not act in a way which is abusive, violent, destructive, menacing, or harassing towards any Holidaymaker at our Property.
- We can be easily contacted (at reasonable times) or will provide you with an alternative first point of contact should you have any concerns or queries during your stay.
- We, and the Property, comply with all applicable laws and regulations (including health and safety regulations).
- adequate liability insurance is in place in respect of the Holidaymakers’ stay.
- All Holidaymakers will have exclusive access to the Property for the duration of the holiday (although all Holidaymakers will allow the Owner or any representative, access to the Property if reasonably required).
Dogs are only allowed in the Property (at an additional charge of £20 per dog) where this is agreed by us. Additional dog restrictions are contained in the “Need to Know” section – please read this section carefully.
If any Holidaymaker has an allergy to dogs, please be aware that we cannot guarantee that a dog has not stayed in the Property. We cannot accept responsibility for any suffering which may occur as a result of such animals having been present.
The following dog terms apply:
- Dogs must be under strict control at all times while in or at the Property.
- Any fouling must be cleared up without delay.
- The dog owner must bring the dog’s bed or basket for sleeping in.
- Dogs must not be left alone in or at the Property or elsewhere at any time.
- Dogs must not lie on beds or furnishings, and must not be allowed in bedrooms or upstairs.
- Dog hair must be cleared up before departing.
- Dog owners must ensure that their pets are free from parasites and fleas before they occupy the Property. Failure to do so may incur subsequent charges;
- Young dogs (e.g. puppies less than 6 months’ old) must be declared to us at the time of booking and authorised by us.
- You will be liable for any damage caused by any Holidaymakers’ dogs. Any damage is to be reported to us immediately. Any additional cleaning required, that may incur an additional charge, will be at our discretion.
- Pets other than dogs may be allowed at the Owner’s discretion. This must be approved prior to making a booking.
If you break these terms, we may notify you that you have broken these terms and may cancel the booking and ask that the Holidaymakers leave the Property before the end of the holiday period without compensation, or that they pay an additional reasonable charge.
7. VAT and IPT
All prices quoted include VAT and Insurance Premium Tax where applicable.
8. Information Accuracy
We have compiled the information on our Website as accurately as possible. However, facilities may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside our control, in which case we cannot accept responsibility.
We make every effort to ensure that the Property details supplied are accurately reproduced and that the pricing and availability of the Property is correct. Mistakes may occur from time to time, and we reserve the right to rectify errors (including any pricing errors) within 5 business days of you making your booking.
Confirmation should be requested prior to booking if there is any particular detail or facility that is important to you. When you make a booking the Holidaymakers accept that minor differences between text/photographs/illustrations on the Website and the actual Property may arise. We cannot accept responsibility should the Property not conform to a Holidaymaker’s standards.
9. Complaints procedure
If you have any complaint concerning our Property, the matter should be taken up with Us first. We will do our best to resolve your complaint, where possible. It is important to raise any complaint while you are still at the Property.
10. Communication with you and data
All electronic data transferred pursuant to these terms and conditions remains our property and may not be replicated in part or whole without our prior written permission. Electronic data will not be preserved indefinitely by us.
11. Limitation of Liabilities and Legal – Please pay particular attention to this section
The contract to occupy the Property is made on the basis that the Property is to be occupied by the Holidaymakers for a holiday (as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 or similar legislation in other jurisdictions).
When making a booking, you acknowledge on behalf of all Holidaymakers that the tenancy granted by these terms and conditions is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
Once you have made a booking there is no “cooling off” period as the contract you have made is for accommodation services for a specific period of performance. You can see further details in the section “When you don’t get 14 days to cancel” on the citizen’s advice bureau website here.
We accept no responsibility for personal injury to, or death of, Holidaymakers or anyone they invite to the Property, or loss of or consequential loss or damage to their property, or for other matters over which we have no control.
If you fail to comply with these terms and conditions you will be liable (only) for losses which are a foreseeable consequence of the failure to comply with the applicable terms. Losses are foreseeable where they were contemplated by you at the time you made the booking.
Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Any dispute, claim or other matter which may arise in relation to your booking will be governed by English law and you agree that any dispute will be dealt with exclusively by the courts of England and Wales.